Thursday, August 22, 2013

4.

My ovaries doth mock me.

2 days of positive opts. A slow temp rise, then a half degree jump. Ovulation confirmed!

Woo freakin' Hoo!

Except not.

Started spotting at work the next day. Light flow by night. Cue cd1.

While I'm glad that marathon cycle ended, I'm really feeling crushed by a 4d luteal phase. It was like planning a party for months only to have it whittle down to a few sparklers. woo.

It was at least nice and light for the last 3 days. I guess that's something.

I've been back and forth and back again for the last few months. It was a mute point prior as I hadn't ovulated in 3 months. Now, though, I finally had a new cycle. A decision needed to be made.

I filled the Letro.zole Rx. took the 1st dose today. I'm a bit glad that the pharmacy I dropped the progesterone script off at couldn't fill it as it needs to be compounded, but they filled the Letro. Was it some grand cosmic sign? Emma says "noo."

On the good news front, Little Miss has had a few tinkles, dribbles and drops in the p.o.t.t.y the last few days, rather than peeing on the floor. We've decided it's not worth the fight 2-3x each evening to change her diaper against her very determined will and have just been letting her run a-muck, naked as a jaybird. Well, almost naked. Shoes seem to be the only article of "clothing" she not only tolerates but requests.

It's hard to mope around when this amount of adorable silliness calls your name.

1 comment:

  1. Your little Emma is so stinkin' cute!!! I've been trying to catch up on posts after being away for so long, and I feel like I've missed so much. She's gorgeous, though, and I am glad to see you doing so well...even if your ovaries are giving you a rough time. Ian has been going potty in the potty part of the time and his diaper the other part of the time, so we have our tinkle on the floor moments, too. Isn't motherhood glamorous? But I wouldn't trade it for the world. Best of luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete