Thursday, May 19, 2011

Movin' on Up

So the promotion my boss put me up for has been approved. It finally made it through all the loops and hurdles, from the bottom to the top. My boss really outdid himself in getting things through all the right channels and saying the right things to keep it moving along.

I'm officially a Research Associate now.

There was a little bit of a pay raise he threw in there as well. That took even more cajoling. I was really surprised that he was able to pull that part off as the State is currently on a pay freeze/raise freeze. That part will take effect in June.

*******

Tomorrow after work, we'll be heading down to the coast to visit the Boy's folks and some friends. Today, we picked up a "I love my Grandma"  and "I love my Grandpa" bibs. I wrapped them up with a card in a gift bag. The card reads " Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers" on the front. On the inside, I wrote "Things look like they are going to get pretty busy with 2 grandbabies on the way!  Love C, C and Baby W (arriving ~1/11/12)."

I can't wait to tell them and see their reactions. I had a brief convo with my MIL on the phone the other day to make sure that we were still ok to come down. She asked how things were "going" and I had to fib a bit. I didn't want to just tell her over the phone on lunch when we'd be down there in a few days. I hope she can forgive my little lies and omissions!

I can't wait to tell our friends down there as well. The lady friend told me very early on about her pregnancy (just before I found out about that 1st +hpt) and has asked about things and checked in on us periodically these last few months. She responded beautifully when I told her about the miscarriage and everything else.

Maybe telling others close to us, with them expressing their joy and happiness, will allow me to do the same?

6 comments:

  1. congrats on the promotion and have a great time making the 'announcement''!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulatitons on your promotion. I love your announcement card! I can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the promotion! I've been thinking that starting to share the news of our pregnancy will make it seem more 'real' to me too. Can't wait to hear how it goes and how you feel after you tell them the great news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the promotion. What perfect timing!

    Can't wait to hear about their reactions. Telling them in person will be worth the little lie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the promotion! Way to go! And have fun telling everyone about the little one - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your promotion and your pregnancy! What a great couple of months! I love your announcement. Can't wait to hear the reactions. Have fun sharing the wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete