I just wanted to post here briefly on my new, improved and oh-so-much-better PIO shot strategy.
1) - Draw up the PIO into the syringe and then change to the smaller needle.
2) - Sit on the heating pad on which ever side I'll be sticking. Let my but and the PIO in the syringe warm up.
3) - Give the shot (the easy part, really). Rub, rub, rub the injection site with the piece of gauze for quite a while.
4) - Apply the heating pad to the appropriate side again and just roast my buns a bit for about 5-10min.
5) - Drag out my hand-held heat/massager. Massage for a few minutes.
The last 2 nights, this has resulted in far, far less rear-end soreness. There is still some there, but minor compared to the 1st several nights. I can sit down, stand up and all teh in-betweens without it hurting or being uncomfortable.
Sure, the whole process takes about twice as long, but in the end (*rimshot*), my kiester is thanking me. Definitely worth it! And again, I would do this 10x a day if I had to if it guaranteed this baby stays and arrives happy, healthy, in 35.5 more weeks.