Saturday, April 23, 2011

I dove off the deep end

There is no turning back now. I'm out of the IF closet completely now.

I just posted this on FB:


I had a moment of hesitation before hitting post, but took a deep breath and clicked. This makes it pretty obvious after my previous posts what's been going on with us.

Now, I wait and see how people respond. I truly hope I get more outpouring of support and understanding from this than my other little blurbs. My end goal with this is not for people to feel sorry for me (or us) and to draw attention to myself. I really do hope this brings more awareness and understand to all the people I know on FB, especially family and friends. I want Infertility as a whole to have the support that I'm hoping my education through post brings to the general masses. Fingers crossed!

Stay tuned for more NIAW posts to come. I'll be participating the "Bust a Myth" challenge and will be thinking and talking about other ways to spread the awareness and understanding for our disease!

11 comments:

  1. Good for you! I hope this makes it easier for you. It did for me. It's all about understanding and communication and now for friends to understand what you're going through, hopefully they can be a little more sensitive to your situation. And, you're educating them in the process. Anxious to hear what kind of response you get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you are doing this myth buster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I know I personally appreciate everyone who tries to increase awareness about IF. I hope you get thoughtful, caring, and supportive responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really glad you're doing this. I also took a deep breath after posting that IF video that had me absolutely bawling about a month ago. It felt really good. I hope you get the response you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a big step! I haven't officially "outed" myself, but I've posted things about pregnancy loss awareness, so I think people kind of know anyway. Mad props for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just lost my entire comment to you somehow but it went something like this:

    Congrats! That is a huge step! I've been mulling over how to handle NIAW week too and even discussed it with my husband. I really have been thinking about doing something similar to yours - posting something everyday with references to resolve's website and then personalizing it. I hope I have the courage to do it. I'm also fearful of getting the pity...

    Last year when I posted about NIAW I got NO responses!!! I think people just don't know how to react!

    Go, you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I'm not sure I will ever be able to do that. I am torn on the topic because without awareness, we can't move forward in advancement and coverage but at the same time, I don't want everyone knowing my personal business. I'm a very private person :-). Thanks for helping us shy ones out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So proud of you - this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here from ICLW! Your post inspired me so I just now posted on my FB about NIAW. Btw, I love the uterus pinata!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of you!!! I really hope that you are surprised by how amazing people can be in response to such posts. Either way...isn't it a little refreshing to be "out." IF shouldn't be a dirty little secret, as dealing with IF is hard enough. Can't wait to hear updates on how this went...and I can't wait to see your bust-a-myth (cue "Bust A Move"). Sorry. This is what happens when I catch-up on posts between 2 and 4 a.m.

    ReplyDelete