Saturday, February 12, 2011

I'm practicing my acceptance speech

Thank you all soo much! I've been awarded the "Veratile Blogger" and "I <3 this Blog" awards. Thank you soo much Endo_Life, Alli, and Princess Wahna Bea Mama for the nominations!

 

Definitely go check those gals out!  Love, Drama, Action, Comedy. They have it all!

I'm going to break the rules a bit here though... I'm suppose to pay it forward and award these to 15 other bloggers. I'd love to award these to every fertility-challenged lady out there blogging. That list over there to the right, all those ladies - Awarded! I can't choose just 15 blogs, and it is far too great an undertaking to contact each and every blog that I have found and started reading and following in this past month.

I will however participate in the "Share 7 things about yourself" and even double it to 14 for both awards. Now, I just have to think of 14 things I haven't already shared...

1 I met the love of my life online. He had me at "Hey, I think I know you." He didn't but what a smooth line, huh?

2 -
I have 2 large dogs and 2 cats. The dogs are my babies, my girls. The older, male cat loves to push my buttons and cause trouble, but he's pretty awesome for a cat. The smaller, female pretty much hates me, but thinks the world of the Boy. I would have more pets, preferably dogs, if we had a bigger house and yard, and if he hadn't made me agree that the next living thing to join our family had to be human.
3 - His biological clock was ticking louder than mine when we first considered TTC. Now, I think mine has become Big Ben. I very desperately want a little chubby baby to call my own!

4 - I was a prissy, fruu-fruu girl until kindergarten. Since then, huge tom-boy and it has to be a special occasion to get me in a dress. I've just recently re-introduced skirts into my wardrobe. I like them longer or at least knee-length and the flowier the better!

5 - I use to super-sort my clothing. My closet was arranged from tanks, short to long-sleeved shirts, jeans, slacks, skirts/dresses. Each category was then done in color order as well. Repeat for folded clothes. I even folded my underwear!
6 - I can only keep complex life forms alive. The easier it is to care for seems to mean the easier it is for me to kill it. Fish, most plants, even cacti, have all meet their end at my hands.

7 - I am a super science nerd. I have kept and still read my college science textbooks. I like nerdy online comics that make math and science jokes like xkcd and PhD. If it is nerdy and dorky, I will most likely love it!

8 - I am the smallest female in my family. I have 3 sisters (and my mom). While we are all, minus my blonde 5'8" younger sister, about the same height at 5'2" - 4", I'm the only one below a C cup. I didn't get curves until after my youngest sister blossomed at 15yr old and I was in college. I'm hoping that WHEN I get pregnant, my boobs will at least get to and stay a B cup.

9 - I love thunderstorms. The wind, the rain, the rolling thunder, even the lightening relaxes me. I love it all. I will crack open a window just to hear a good storm, smell the rain, and feel the wind.

10 - I wish I knew how hard getting pregnant would actually be for me. I would have saved tons (!) on birth control had I known this years ago.

11 - I obsessively check my email. I have 3 accounts, 2 personal and 1 for work, that I check all the time for emails whether I'm expecting any or not. I get anxious if I don't at least check it 2x a day.

12 - Speaking of anxiety, I've had anxiety issues since I was a child. Since elementary school, I've had testing anxiety, speaking/performance anxiety, and worried way too much to be healthy. It makes TTC extra interesting!

13 - I love that my husband is artistic. I really wish I was more creative, so I encourage him to do as much artsy stuff as he wants! My artistic skills are pretty much limited to things with smooth lines and symmetry. The more anal-retentive the craft is, the better I am at it!

14 - Lastly, I have very few close, confidant female friends. It is very hard for me to open up and share things. I tend to feel my emotions, thoughts, and worries burden others down, and that is the last thing I want to do to a friend. It's very much a Catch-22, as I wish I had people that I could share things with, but at the same time don't want to add to their worries, etc. If I could change only 1 thing about myself, this would be it. I feel completely abnormal in that I can not say I have a BFF.

And with that cheerful note, I hope everyone has a great weekend and finds a little romance in honor of the approaching holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment